A little about me…
I always wanted to be an Astronaut-Pirate, but my parents said I had to be more realistic with my expectations in life. After refocusing my efforts from swashbuckling and meteor punching, I pursued a design degree from Colorado State University. Five years and too many caffeinated drinks later, I graduated with a Bachelor’s of Fine Arts and have been designing websites and apps for clients around the globe. With a career full of successful launches, my new passion has shifted into the realm of virtual and augmented reality. This technology truly has the power to change people’s lives and will be the focus of my career moving forward… Although, I do still hope to one day plunder the stars for buried treasure.
HTML & CSS
- Lead the creative direction and facilitated the user experience of SportsLabs’ virtual reality application.
- Conceived UX strategies, and designed the UI of web, iOS, Android, and OTT products for college athletics programs.
- Worked as part of an iterative Agile software development team.
Senior Web & UX Designer
- Lead stakeholder meetings, conducted research, analyzed user metrics, created UX, and designed UI for responsive websites.
- Managed small design team while working for clients around the globe in e-commerce and service industries.
- Completed projects on time and under budget within the parameters of the Waterfall software development process.
Digital Art Director
- Created new brand identity, website and print materials for university owned Boulder, Colorado coffee shop.
- Oversaw production of packaging, apparel, and commercial items to promote the company’s image.
CSU Communications & Creative Services
- Worked in collaborative environment of Colorado State University’s in-house design agency.
- Created Admissions Catalog and other print materials which defined the university’s branding that is currently in use.
- Designed and prepared files for press.
- Planned and designed company catalog for Colorado Springs branch of national information technology firm.
- Design work was used by the organization for several months after leaving to go back to school.
- Conducted bi-weekly status meetings with company CEO.
U.S. Air Force Space Headquarters
- Designed Weapons and Tactics Conference poster as well as marketing campaign and branding strategy.
- Designs were employed for large-scale military conference for high level officers discussing future military projects and necessities.